Mount Vernon First United Methodist Church welcomes you! We witness to the hope in Jesus Christ by loving God passionately, by growing in our faith intentionally, and by serving others generously. We are a multi-generational community celebrating God’s goodness through different styles of worship and deepening our connection to God through prayer, study and service.
Contemporary Worship 8:45
Coffee Fellowship in the Library 9:45
Traditional Worship 10:45
Ministries and Services
- Children – Nursery is provided during both services: Contemporary 8:45 and Traditional 10:45.
- Also for Children: Toddlers, Two’s and You- the first Tuesday of each month at 10 a.m. in the downstairs Mt. Vernon Room, Sonshine School, preschool for ages 3, 4, and 5 at 9 a.m. in the downstairs Mt. Vernon Room, and Chimers: Beginners bell ringing on Sundays at 11:45 in the downstairs Music Room.
- Student Ministries- Junior Youth on Wednesdays at 3:30, Middle School Grades 6, 7, & 8 at 6:00 and High School at 7:30. These once a week meetings include a Christian Lesson, Fun and Food. In addition, fellowship times of cookouts, scavenger hunts, “mystery trips”, mission trips, pool parties, bowling and much more are scheduled throughout the year.
- Adult Ministries – Sunday morning Christian education classes include the J.O.Y Class for senior members at 9:30 in the Zadok Casey Room on the Main Floor and the Open Door Class, for all ages, at 10:00 on the second floor, Bryan Dycus Hall.
- United Methodist Women – Once a month meetings of Mary Circle- the second Thursday of each month at 6 p.m. in different homes, Martha Circle- the first Thursday of each month at 1:30 p.m. in the church Library, Wesleyan Service Women- at 9:30 a.m. on the second Wednesday of the month at Greentree Assisted Living in Mt. Vernon, and Coffee Club on Tuesday mornings at 10 a.m. at Bob Evans restaurant in Mt. Vernon.
- United Methodist Men – Meetings on the first Thursday of each month at 6:30, in the second floor, Bryan Dycus Hall.
- Music – Mount Vernon FUMC offers a wide variety of musical services including: Praise Band -rehearsals on Thursdays at 6 p.m. in the Sanctuary, Chancel Choir-rehearsals on Wednesdays at 7 p.m. in the downstairs Music Room, First Ringers Handbell Choir- rehearsals on Wednesdays at 5:30 p.m. in the downstairs Music Room and an AudioVisual Team which supports both the Contemporary Service and Traditional Service on Sunday mornings.
- Angels on Assignment Signature Ministry -If you have ever considered the questions- “How I can serve? How can I make a difference?” – Angels on Assignment is wonderful opportunity for you. Through the sorting groups, the Interview group, and the Food Pantry group and sales in the Thrift Shop – Angels on Assignment wants and needs you Mondays through Saturdays. Call 242-1030 for more information.